Electrical circuit theory and technology, Third Edition (Electrical Circuit Theory and Technology)
This textbook for courses in electrical principles, circuit theory, and electrical technology takes students from the fundamentals of the subject up to and including first-degree level.
The coverage is ideal for those studying engineering for the first time as part of BTEC National and other pre-degree vocational courses, especially where progression to higher levels of study is likely, as well as Higher Nationals, Foundation Degrees, and first-year undergraduate modules.
The emphasis is firmly on learning by example:
- 800 detailed worked problems give a thorough understanding of the principles
- 1,000 further problems within 175 exercises to work through and test learning (answers provided)
- 14 revision tests that can be used as assignments (answers available to lecturers only)
- Learning objectives are summarised at the beginning of each chapter
- Summaries of main formulae used
Now in its third edition, this best-selling textbook has been updated with developments in key areas such as semiconductor diodes, transistors, batteries, and fuel cells, along with brand new material on ABCD parameters and Fourier’s Analysis.
Greater emphasis is also placed on showing how the theory covered is applied in real-life engineering practice. In addition, the text has been restructured, and exercises now appear at regular intervals so that learning progress can be checked throughout.
- An Instructors’ Manual giving full solutions and suggested marking scheme for all 14 revision tests in the book
- An extensive Solutions Manual for over 700 of the 1,000 further questions in the book
* New edition brought fully up to date with developments in key areas such as semiconductors, transistors, and fuel cells, with brand new material on ABCD parameters and Fourier’s Analysis.
* Increased focus on real-world situations by way of illustrative example – maximizes relevance to actual engineering practice for the student reader
* Extensive lecturer support material available as free downloads: Solutions Manual for revision tests; sample solutions for over 700 of the 1,000 further problems
About the Author
John Bird, the author of over 100 textbooks on engineering and mathematical subjects, is the former Head of Applied Electronics in the Faculty of Technology at Highbury College, Portsmouth, U.K. More recently, he has combined freelance lecturing at Portsmouth University, with technical writing and Chief Examiner responsibilities for City and Guilds Telecommunication Principles and Mathematics, and examining for the International Baccalaureate Organisation.
John Bird is currently a Senior Training Provider at the Royal Naval School of Marine Engineering in the Defence College of Marine and Air Engineering at H.M.S. Sultan, Gosport, Hampshire, U.K. The school, which serves the Royal Navy, is one of Europe’s largest engineering training establishments.
Download Link in the first comment on the website